Merry Belated Christmas everyone! I hope you all had a good holiday period and are enjoying the post Christmas holidays. I’m off work for 10 days myself and have been crazy busy this week, from sale shopping to visiting family members, and catching up with some work on my blog.
In fact I’ve been working on a couple of new header images for my blog which you can see below. Both are for a purple WordPress theme I’ve been working on for my new launch. 🙂
I bought a few more smart / casual tops that will be suitable for work in the January sales. But had little luck when it came to jeans or trousers; the ladies reading will understand how difficult it can be to get the right fit and I often find that most items are too long (being a petite woman).
Besides clothes I also picked up a few family presents bought for up coming Birthdays. 🙂 My sisters started on Christmas 2013 presents already, lol (yes, 2013, she did 2012 in the Summer sales!).
2011 Goals Review
At the beginning of the year I set some goals for myself and although I didn’t get chance to review them periodically here. I wanted to do a round up of my end of year progress.
So, here’s a reminder of the goals I set myself this year.
1. Blog more than once a month, which is something I’ve really struggled with in previous years.
- Goal Met: Sadly, no. I only blogged 5 months out of 12! Which although this is an increase on 2010, is still something I’d like to take into 2012. It’s worth noting that some of these months had more than one post though.
2. Look at switching my blog from Fanupdate to WordPress. Think about whether I want to move old posts and comments over.
- Goal Met: Another no unfortunately. 🙁 There isn’t an easy way to transfer my old blog posts and comments over from Fanupdate to WordPress so I’m having to add them in manually. This is taking a lot longer than expected! So while the goal hasn’t been met, I had made some progress with this one, including the new theme I mentioned above 😀
3. Review categories for posts.
- Goal Met: I put this goal ‘on hold’ until I’ve finished transferring my content over to WordPress.
4. Start an events page or calendar so I can keep you all updated on conventions or events I’m attending this year.
- Goal Met: Another no! 🙁 Honestly, this one has also been put ‘on hold’ until I’ve finished transferring to WordPress as well.
So, not too good! But most of my 2011 goals were dependant on getting to grips with WordPress which I’m hoping to have finalised early next year. 🙂
I hope everyone has a great start to the New Year however you’re spending it, ours will be very quiet.
Did you set yourself any goals for 2011? How did you get on with yours? Let me know in the comments.