These were made for Valentine’s Day ’08 and are my first cookies! This is recipe I used to make them with (sorry for a severe lack of in progress photos!).
This recipe makes up to 4 dozen, 3 inch round cookie, or you can use a cookie cutter like I did before placing on the baking tray.
You will need
- 226g unsalted butter
- 150g granulated white sugar
- 160g brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 and a 1/2 tsp Vanilla flavouring
- 315g flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 270g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C or gasmark 5 with rack in centre of oven. Line baking trays with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Round up your ingredients
- In the bowl with your electric mixer/whisk(or with a hand mixer/whisk), cream the butter.
- Add the white and brown sugars and beat until fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat until incorporated, adding the chocolate chips about half way through mixing.
- Cut out the dough using the cookie cutters
- For large cookies drop about 2 tablespoons of dough (35 grams) onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake about 12 – 14 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Cool completely on wire rack.