I found The British Tag over on Laura’s blog Merkitty and thought I’d share my answers with you. I love tag style posts – I think they can be a great way to get to know the blogger better.
You can read Laura’s answers here.
The British Tag
1. How many cups of tea do you have a day?
I can’t remember the last time I had a cup of tea at home but I will have one with my breakfast if we’re eating out. I prefer fruity teas with a spoonful of honey in them instead of sugar or sweetener.
2. Favourite part of your roast?
Yorkshire puddings or gravy or roast potatoes. I love crunch roast potatoes.
3. Favourite dunking biscuit?
I usually dunk Bourbon biscuits as some brands have ones with no milk or dairy products in them. 😊
4. Favourite quintessentially British pastime?
Having a spot of tea or a crumpet.
5. Favourite British word?
I use spiffing and gutted quite a lot, so I’ll say those.
6. Cockney rhyming slang?
I’m going to go down the apples and pears to use the dog and bone. 😉
7. Favourite sweet?
Haribo, but they’re a German brand lol. Umm… British… Fizzers, Love Hearts or those double lolly pops that taste like Fizzers.
8. If you owned a pub, what would your pub be called?
Off the top of my head – the Prancing Pony, like the one in the Lord of the Rings
9. Favourite male and female British celebrity?
Sir David Attenborough and Hayley Attwell
10. Favourite British shop / restaurant?
Is Waterstones British? If so, Waterstones.
11. What British song pops into your head?
Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen.
I love Marmite! On toast, in sandwiches, mixed in with pasta (recipe here) or cheese twists (dairy free, of course). It’s delicious