Yesterday I was at the Winter Memorabilia show as said in one of my previous posts it’s a general signing event held in Birmingham, UK at the NEC. It’s held twice a year (in March and November – usually). This was my third time going to a Memorabilia event.
We arrived at the event at around 8:15 in the morning and having purchased tickets in advance went and got in the already pretty big queue already forming, ready for entry at “bird entry” at 9:00 – standard entry was at 11:00.
I went mostly to get a few autographs and pick up an album I had commissioned for me from Phoenix copper art – but instead ending up spending way too much money on the hundreds on stalls there selling a range of sci-fi items and collectables. I came away with some Buffy the Vampire Slayer collectables, Doug Bradley’s book (which he autographed), a few prints and a couple of canvases.
Through the day I met a bunch of people from shows/movies I’m interested in as follows (this is the order I met them):
- Shane Rimmer – Voices Scott Tracy in Thunderbirds
- Rupert Young – Sir Leon from Merlin
- Angel Coulby – Gwen from the BBC show Merlin
- John Challis – Boycie from Only Fools and Horses
- David Bradley – Argus Filch in Harry Potter (films 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 part 2)
- Simon Bamford – Butterball Cenobite in Hellraiser (1 and 2)
- Barbie Wilde – Female Cenobite in Hellbound: Hellraiser II
- Paul Blake – Greedo from Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope
- Garrick Hagon – Biggs (Red Three) from Star Wars
- Doug Bradley – Pinhead in the Hellraiser films
I got autographs from all the above as well as photos with them – Also got a photo with some Gryffindor cosplayers and Lord Voldemort.
It was a great day – my bank account now hates me after though! Luckily I get paid on the 25th, then I’m off to The Entertainment Media Show and Collectormania London next weekend (also possibly The Vampire Ball).