Artur and I have been busy this weekend with two restoration ‘projects’. Here’s the first:
This storage box has been stored in Artur’s previous garage for years, it was damp and cold. As a result, there was water damage! My mum nicknamed the box ‘Rover’.
First we removed the door and sanded down all the damaged areas. Both on the box itself and the door.
Once sanding was complete, we then gave the box a rub down with a damp cloth. Ensuring we didn’t get the box too wet.
Next we treated the wood in a deep mahogany stain/varnish and after a bunch of coats (I forget how many) it went from a red to a nice dark redish brown.
After treating the wood and it drying completely we fixed the handles back on the door and refitted the door.
Above ^^ Rover! The complted box now in our living room 🙂
Total: Less than £10.00