What’s this? Two baking posts in a row? 😮 As it happens I had a little too much cake batter for the mint choc chic cupcakes I made(!) so I decided to bake a tear drop cake as well. At least I think it looks like a tear drop. 😊
Here’s how it turned out… I actually prefer this design to the cupcakes and think the glitter spray has given the tear drop cake a nice effect. What do you think?
To make this cake…
You will need
- 125g Caster Sugar
- Cocoa Power
- 125g Self-Raising Flour
- Green Food Colouring
- Mint Flavouring
- 2 Eggs
- 125g Butter
- Buttercream Frosting
- Edible Glitter Spray (optional)
- Preheat the over to 200 degrees C or Gas mark 6
- Round up your ingredients—beat the sugar and butter together until fluffy and light coloured.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time adding the flour a little at a time until it’s all been added.
- Add the mint flavouring and mix it
- Put in the oven for 15—20 mins
- Use a skewer to find out if it’s ready, if it comes out gunky—put it back in the oven! If clean, then put on a cooling rack.
- Make buttercream frosting (combining butter and confectioners sugar), adding mint flavouring and green food coloring.
- Sandwich the two halves together with the buttercream frosting.
- Spray with edible glitter spray (optional).
The tear drop cake tasted delicious! I really love the mint chocolate combination and hope to do more bakes like this in the future.
What is your favourite flavour combination? Let me know in the comments.