Last month the lovely Victoria of The Weight of my Worlds nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I’ve been following her blog for a while and love reading her posts, especially her ones on self confidence and personal style. Make sure you check out her answers here. 😊
This is actually my second nomination but what I love about this award is, the questions are always different, as they’re written by the blogger who nominated you.
So let’s get started.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- If you’ve been nominated, it means you’ve been given the award! So, congrats and well done!!
- You must thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their blog or their original post.
- List the rules for this award and a snazzy logo or picture of it in your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 more bloggers and set 11 fun questions for them to answer.
The questions I was asked to answer…
1. What’s your go-to self care tip?
That self care is different for everyone. If you love baths introduce that into your self care routine and if you love going for a run add that. There isn’t a “one size fits all”, if it feels right for you and it helps you, add it.
Remember: Don’t do something you hate just because everyone else is doing it.
2. What did you want to be when you were little?
I always wanted to be a paramedic, after years of watching Casualty with my mum, but she told me they don’t make much money for the work they do.
Not wanting to give up on my childhood dream of working in medicine, I told her I’d be a nurse instead. She gave me the same response! So I told her I’d be a doctor, specifically a brain surgeon, she seemed happy with that answer. 😅
As I got older my interests shifted and I wanted to be a palentologist! The Jurrassic Park movies had a lot to do with that dream.
3. If you play an instrument, which one? Or.. what instrument would you like to play?
I played piano as a child but it’s been years since I practiced, I’m not even sure I’d remember how to play. I’ve always been interested in learning the electric guitar though.
4. Is there a quote you live by? If so, what is it?
Try not. Do or do not there is no try.
Yes, it’s a Star Wars quote, but one that’s always resonated with me. I see it as never giving up and to always keep fighting.
5. If you could only eat one meal, three times a day for the rest of your life, what’d it be?
Pasta. You can make so many different variations of it, so I’d never be bored.
6. What’s one of your favourite childhood memories?
Dancing to the Time Warp and Thriller in our garden on Halloween night.
7. Why did you start blogging?
Chimmyville started life as a place to store my pixel creations and creative writing. But it wasn’t until my college A-level in ICT that I found my interest in blogging, mainly writing about my college life and some technical posts at the time.
You can read more about my blog’s journey in my blogger recognition award posts.
8. If you could step in the shoes of anyone for a day (like in Freaky Friday haha) who would it be?
Probably Jennifer Lawrence.
9. What 3 words would you use to represent your personal style?
Casual, colourful, comfortable
10. What gives you that extra spring in your step in the morning?
I’m not a morning person! But I usually feel my best if I can wake up naturally (without an alarm) and start my day slowly. Sadly this rarely happens.
11. If you were stuck on an island, who would you want to be there with you?
Bear Grylls? 😅 Otherwise, probably Aaron or my friend Kelly.
- If you could learn any skill, what would it be and why?
- What would be your dream job?
- What is your dream travel destination in your own country?
- What is your dream travel destination anywhere in the world?
- If you could travel in time, would you go forward or back, and why?
- What’s your dream pet? Wild animals and fantasy creatures are included.
- What is your favourite book or movie genre, and why?
- What was the last movie you watched, and what did you think of it?
- Name 3 songs you love at the moment?
- Do you like live music such as concerts or festivals? Which artist would you love to see?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
Nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
Deborah of Debbie Hipster
Molly of Mind of Molly
Beka of Beka Daisies
Kelly of The Kelly Diane Report
Sarah of Raiin Monkey
Britt of Alternatively Speaking
Jordanne of Life of a Glasgow Girl
Laura of Merkitty
Lauren of Bournemouth Girl
Sam of Griff Blog
Julia of The Glass of Class
Make sure you check out their wonderful blogs; and if you decide to do this award, please let me know so I can read and share your posts. 😊