Welcome! 🙂 I’m Kim, actually, it’s Kimberley but I prefer to be called Kim. I also go by Kimmy, Kimbo, Gizmo and Chimmy or Chimmykins; the latter two being the inspiration for my blog’s name “Chimmyville”, a combination of my nickname and the French word ‘Ville’ meaning town or place.
Chimmyville: Ma petite ville sur le web
Chimmyville has been around in some form since 11th August 2005, starting as a place to store my pixel creations and creative writing and developing into the lifestyle blog you see today.
I live with my partner and our fish, shrimp and weather loaches in a small town in The Cotswolds (Gloucestershire, England). I also have some Great African Snails which are at my parents house (due to the pets clause in our tenancy agreement). I also had a tarantula named Hermy.
I love to read and have a wide range of books on my bookshelves – yes, plural – from various genres including horror and sci-fi. I also enjoy watching films and TV shows on Netflix or Sky and playing computer games – I guess you can say I’m a geek… If that wasn’t obvious already. 😉
Random things about me
- I have dyscalculia.
- I’m allergic to dairy, metal (primarily nickel or nickel-plated metals), tomatoes and some kinds of plant life.
- I collect Buffy and Angel memorabilia and pressed pennies.
- I go to film conventions and collect autographs
- I have 6 piercings and a tattoo on my lower back.
- I was hit in my left eye by a golf club, bursting two blood vessels. As a result, I’m short-sighted and wear glasses.
- My favourite colour is purple.
- My favourite fragrance is lavender.
- My favourite flowers are roses and lilies.
- My favourite gemstone is Rose Quartz.
- I love animals and donate every month to the Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust.
- My favourite animals are penguins.
- My favourite Disney character is Eeyore
- My favourite book as a child was The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- My favourite painting is Van Gogh’s “The Starry Night”.
- I was born on May 7th 1988, which was a Saturday.
- Halloween is my favourite holiday and Autumn is my favourite season. 🍂🍁🎃
- I love being outdoors – I like exploring new places in my home town and surrounding village.
- I am interested in Archaeology and Paleontology.
- I love VW campervans and hope to own one someday.
I work in customer service where my focus is logistics and maintaining the companies website. I’ve also taken on freelance projects, such as creating/designing promotional materials for small businesses and web design for small businesses and do some volunteer work.
Please get in touch if you would like to work with me, I accept freelance work, brand collaborations and products for review.
Chimmyville is hosted By 1clickwebsite