Blogger Recognition Award: The Third Act
I’m very grateful to have been nominated a third time for the Blogger Recognition Award (hence the subtitle “the third act”) by The Palm Trees and Loyalties Blog. Where she writes about her life and shares her beautiful artwork. Please make sure you pay her blog a visit and check out her answers here. 😊
The Blogger Recognition Award: The Third Act
The great thing about the Blogger Recognition Award is you learn more about why your favourite bloggers started their blogs and can pick up some great tips as well. I know it says for ‘new bloggers’, but they’re usually great ideas for anyone needing a refresher.
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
- Write a post displaying your award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Nominate 10-15 bloggers who you believe deserve to be recognized.
- Let the nominees know they have been nominated.
My Blogging History
My website started off as a place to store my pixel creations and creative writing before developing into the lifestyle blog you see here today. Here you’ll find posts about mental health, UK travel, environmental issues, and a bunch of geekiness thrown in for good measure.
Chimmyville was not my first website however, the first website I designed was a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan site as part of my college web design module. It was hosted on Geocities which sadly no longer exists! Although you will still find some Buffy posts on this blog. 😊
My Advice for New Bloggers
In my first post, I covered engagement and scheduling, and in my last post, I covered SEO and proofreading. All of which are very important aspects of blogging. For this post, I’d like to talk about brainstorming ideas and social media promotion.
- If you’ve experienced writers’ block the best thing to do is brainstorm ideas or look to other bloggers for inspiration. A lot of bloggers share blog post ideas and I find it useful to pin these for future reference.
- One of the things I used to struggle with was promoting myself and Chinmyville on social media. Thankfully there are so many good apps out there that are perfect for scheduling your promotional content, personally, I use Buffer for my tweets and add pins manually. It’s about what finding works for you.
Nominations for the Blogger Recognition Award
What advice would you give to new bloggers? Share your tips in the comments.