Blogger Recognition Award
I’m so thankful to Molly for the nomination, it brightened my day when I first saw her Tweet and has put a smile on my face again today writing this post. It feels good to be recognised.
Blogger recognition award
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief history of how your blog came to be.
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Select 15 of your fellow. bloggers to give this award to
- Comment on their blog and let them know that you nominated them and provide a link to your post.
How my blog came to be:
To quote my ‘about me‘ page, Chimmyville has been around in some form since 11th August 2005, starting as a place to store my pixel creations and creative writing and developing into the lifestyle blog you see today.
But what first sparked my love of both web design and writing was my ICT course in college. We had a web design module where I created my first website; a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fansite on Geocities.
Advice for new bloggers:
Engagement: One of the best things I’ve found is to interact with other bloggers whether that’s commenting on their posts, getting involved with Twitter chats or asking for feedback. The blogging community is so supportive of each other
Scheduling: I know, scheduling can be very time consuming but it’s a great tool for promoting your content – for both new posts and given a little love to older ones. I use Buffer for Tweets and the WordPress Jetpack Plugin for Facebook and Google+. I’ve scheduling found invaluable especially during the weekdays when I’m at work, it’s a necessary ‘evil’.
Thank you again to Molly for nominating me. 🙂
- Jordanne of Life of a Glasgow Girl
- Bexa of Hello Bexa
- Sarah of Raiin-Monkey
- Laura of Merkitty
- Lauren of Bournemouth Girl
- Kelly of The Kelly Diane Report
- Gwennan of Gwennanrees.com
- Soph of Soph Hearts
- Victoria of Life in the Ginger Lane
- Britt of Alternatively Speaking
- Tracy of Blogger by the Sea
- Karin of Imaginary Karin
- Maria of Wrexhammama
- Beka of Beka Daisies
… and finally no. 15, you – the person reading this post. Maybe you’re a new blogger I haven’t discovered yet or a blogger I already interact with, I think we all deserve recognition for the hard work we put into our content. … Was that too sappy? 😦🤷
What advice would you give to new bloggers?