Yesterday was the Winter Memorabilia show, a general signing event / collectables show held in Birmingham, UK at the NEC. It’s held twice a year (in March and November) and this marks my third year attending a Memorabilia event.
We arrived at the show at around 8:15 in the morning and headed straight to the ‘pre-paid’ queue. It’s always worth getting to the Winter Memorabilia show earlier than the door opening time (typically 9am for “early bird”), as there was a large queue already forming.
Like previous shows I go primarily to meet actors and actresses I admire and add to my autograph collection. I also had an album to pick up which I’d had commissioned for me from Phoenix copper art – it’s stunning! If you’re ever in need for a scrapbook or wedding guest album, take a look at his website or Facebook page.
Although my plan was to only spend my pennies on autographs, I ended up spending money on the hundreds of stalls in the dealers room. They were selling a wide range of sci-fi items and collectables and I came away with some Buffy the Vampire Slayer collectables, Doug Bradley’s book (which he autographed), a few prints and a couple of canvases.
The guests I met at this show were lovely. Each one took the time to chat to me, personalise my autograph (meaning they wrote “to Kim” or a quotation from their character and posed for a photo with me.
These are the guests I met (in order) along with the TV show or movie I most associate them with.
- Shane Rimmer – Voices Scott Tracy in Thunderbirds
- Rupert Young – Sir Leon from the BBC Merlin
- Angel Coulby – Gwen from the BBC show Merlin
- John Challis – Boycie from Only Fools and Horses
- David Bradley – Argus Filch in Harry Potter (films 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 part 2)
- Simon Bamford – Butterball Cenobite in Hellraiser (1 and 2)
- Barbie Wilde – Female Cenobite in Hellbound: Hellraiser II
- Paul Blake – Greedo from Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope
- Garrick Hagon – Biggs (Red Three) from Star Wars
- Doug Bradley – Pinhead in the Hellraiser films
I also had a photo with some Gryffindor cosplayers and Lord Voldemort.
It was a great day – my bank account now hates me after though! Luckily I get paid on the 25th, then I’m off to The Entertainment Media Show and Collectormania London next weekend (also possibly The Vampire Ball).