Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a great Christmas and Santa brought you some lovely presents. I spent this Christmas and New Year relaxing at home with my family. We even had an extended Christmas break from work which was lovely, and something I’ve not been able to do since college. But things have certainly been very busy since going back to work, in fact, this month has simply flown by. I very nearly missed posting my blogging goals for this year (2011)!
But before I tell you all about my 2011 blogging goals with you, I wanted to share a few personal highlights from 2010. And what I’ve been up to in January so far… So, let’s get started.
Personal Highlights of 2010
Good things that happened in January.
- My oldest friend from Primary School got married!
- I am a fully trained first aider (as of yesterday in fact).
- I got a new haircut. There’s something about getting your hair done by a professional that feels so good.
- Manged to keep up with the aerobics class I started last October. 🙂
Blogging goals for 2011
- Blog more than once a month, which is something I’ve really struggled with in previous years. Yes, some of that can be excused by ill health, but I love blogging and want to do more of it this year.
- Change the content management system (CMS) for my blog from FanUpdate to WordPress.
- Look at how to move my old posts and comments from FanUpdate to WordPress, and review which ones I’d like to keep.
- Review categories for posts and change them if needed.
- Start an events page or calendar so I can keep you all updated on conventions or events I’m attending this year. Look at WordPress plugins with sidebar widgets for this.
- Research layout designs (“themes”) for WordPress.
I think these goals are easily obtainable and my plan is to review them on my blog later this year. 🙂
Have you set any blogging goals for 2011? Let me know in the comments.