A while ago Catherine of Shatter the Silence nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award. Which is an award given to “amazing bloggers” with “ingenious posts”, so thank you very much Catherine(!), I’m very humbled by your nomination. And happy to get involved.
Regular readers will know that I love tags /awards like this as they can be a great way to get to know the person behind the blog a little more. They’re also a great way to get back into blogging or writing after a break.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
As I mentioned earlier the ‘Mystery Blogger Award’ is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates… it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get! This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.
The Rules are Simple:
- Put the award logo on your post
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator and provide a link to their blog
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- Nominate 10-20 of your favourite bloggers
- Notify your nominees
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice
- Share links to your best posts
Three things about me…
- I’m a Taurus. 🐂
- I was hit in the eye with a golf club as a child. By accident. 🏌
- My favourite colour is purple. 💜
My answers to Catherine’s Questions…
1. What are your goals as a Blogger?
At the moment my main goal is to get back to blogging regularly, as I’ve been in a bit of a slump lately. The coronavirus is partly to blame and I spoke previously about not feeling very motivated at the moment. So that’s something I’m going to be working on over the next few months. I have a few posts scheduled and ready to go live and others in the works.
2. Do you use music to help you write?
No. Personally I prefer to work in a quiet room with little / no distractions.
3. What inspired you to start writing?
Honestly, my GCSE English teacher. She’s the one that made me fall in love with writing, although I’d always loved literature. I began writing in journals when I was in school and Chimmyville became an online journal of sorts during college.
4. Do you prefer a coffee with a bone or wine with crackers?
Wine with crackers.
5. What are your goals as a writer, blogger, Poet?
My main blog as a blogger is to increase my engagement as I feel that’s more important than page views.
My Questions to my Nominees…
- Name one person who has had a positive impact on your life, and why.
- Who would you invite to a dinner party? Choose 6 people – dead or alive. They’d be alive at the dinner party!
- How did you get started blogging?
- What is your top tip for new bloggers?
- Books or movies?
My Nominees for the Mystery Blogger Award…
- The Life of a Glasgow Girl – Jordanne
- Alternatively Speaking – Britt
- Bournemouth Girl – Lauren
- Hello Bexa – Bexa
- Life With Ktkinnes – Katie
- That Weird Girl Life – Emily
- Lisa’s Notebook – Lisa
- Invisibly Me – Caz
- You, the person reading this. Please feel free to share some of your answers to my questions in the comments, or on your own blog.
Thanks again to Catherine for the nomination. 😊