The Real Neat Blog Award
Earlier this year I was nominated twice(!) for the Real Neat Blog Award. The first nomination came from the lovely Jordanne from The Life of a Glasgow Girl and the second from the equally lovely Meagan of Quibbles and Scribbles. Thank you both! 💗 It really means a lot. Please make sure you check out both of their blogs.
The Real Neat Blog Award
Rules of the award:
- Display the award logo
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and link to their blog
- Answer the questions from the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate up to ten bloggers, asking them seven questions.
1. Why did you start blogging?
Chimmyville began as a place to store my pixel creations and creative writing. It was inspired by popular ‘doll sites’ at the time which were very popular in the early 00s. If you’re not familiar with the term ‘doll site’, they were designed as places you could store or create pixelated images of characters, known as Dollz (yep, with a Z). Thuggndivaz Dollz website is a great example if you’d like to see what I mean.
Over time my interests shifted and Chimmyville became more of a personal website and blog where I talked about my life and travels. Very similar to the blog you see today. 🙂
2. What’s your favourite social media platform?
At the moment it’s Instagram as I enjoy sharing my nature and wildlife photos.
3. If you could go anywhere in the world RIGHT NOW, where would you go and why?
Atlanta (USA) as I have family there who I don’t get to see very often. They came over last year but before that, it had been over 10 years since we last saw each other in person.
4. What’s your favourite memory from school?
GCSE Drama lessons with my best friends, or playing UNO (the card game) in the school library.
5. Which of your blog posts to date is your favourite?
6. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
A penguin, simply because they’re my favourite animal.
7. What is a random fact about yourself?
I was hit in the eye with a golf club as a child, by accident.
1. What is your favourite streaming service? If you don’t have any, what’s your favourite channel to watch? Or, you can answer both.
Netflix. Although I haven’t actually tried any others.
2. What’s a song you’re embarrassed to say you like? (We won’t judge.)
I’m not embarrassed by any of my music tastes, to be honest with you, but I do own The Mr Blobby song on CD(!) which was the first CD I purchased when I was a child. That counts as embarrassing, right?
3. How would you describe yourself as a child?
4. And what were your favourite toys/things to do?
My favourite toys were Star Wars playsets, Beanie Babies, Thomas the Tank Engine and many others. My sister and I used to play out scenes were her Sylvanian Families or Barbie Dolls, or play games of hide-and-seek or tag.
5. What is your favourite dog breed?
Dalmatian, which has a lot to do with a certain Disney movie.
6. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you’d do with it?
Buy a house.
7. Would you rather be a hero or a villain for a day?
Villain, I think.
My nominees for the Real Neat Blog Award…
My 7 Questions
- How long have been blogging?
- Why did you become a blogger?
- What would be your dream vacation (or staycation) and why?
- Do you have any pets? If so, what are they, and if not, what pets would you like to own?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- Who is your favourite band or a solo artist?
- Recommend one of your favourite books or movies. What do you love about it?
If you would also like to answer these questions, feel free, either on your own blogs (just let me know so I can read them) or in the comments section.
I’d like to thank Jordanne and Meagan again for nominating me. I had a lot of fun answering both of your questions.