I’ve seen a lot of 30 before I’m 30 (or other age) bucket lists and while I love the concept, I’ve already reached my next milestone: 30 years old. So since my 31st birthday is in a couple of days (May 7th), I thought I’d do something a little different; 30 things I’ve achieved since turning 30. Which is simply a list of things I’ve been able to do within the past year that I’m proud of.
30 things I’ve achieved since turning 30
1. Had my first long haul flight.
2. Finally visited the USA after 10 years of planning (San Francisco and Los Angeles to be exact).
3. Saw, and walked across the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.
4. Rode the trams in San Francisco.
5. Visited the Hollywood walk of fame in Los Angeles.
6. Walked along Santa Monica in Los Angeles.
7. Consolidated my debts with the aim to be debt free by 2020.
8. Started CBT for my mental health issues.
9. Started RBT (reverse behaviour therapy) for my skin picking disorder.
10. Asked to be bridesmaid at my sister’s wedding.
11. Drove somewhere new by myself.
12. Been driving for 10 years!
13. … Also, been blogging for 10 years.
14. Went in the London Dungeons attraction, which ticks another item off my London bucket list.
15. Met Sam Neil (Jurassic Park) in person.
16. Started to focus on my own well being and self care. Two things I’ve neglected in the past.
17. Visited the Tate Gallery; another one off my London bucket list.
18. Walked to the top of Smeatons Tower (lighthouse) in Plymouth.
19. Prioritised my physical health. Sadly when my mental health was at its worst I wasn’t taking care of myself very well. But I’m happy to say I’ve made progress with my health check ups (medical, dental and opticial).
20. Found my clothing style.
21. Sang in public at kareoke! Which is something I never thought I would do.
22. Got better at applying eye make-up. 👝
23. Started to replace one use plastic with more resuable items at home.
Read more: Reduce, Resue, Recycle ft. The Selfie Bag
24. … Also implemented more plastic recycling at work, along with our social committee team.
25. Adopted a penguin. 🐧
26. Raised over £200 for the Mental Health Foundation in a few weeks.
27. Became a ‘friend’ of the Westonbirt Arboretum, which is basically a yearly membership. All proceeds go towards maintaining the site and it’s habitats.
28. Improved my nature photography, especially flowers.
29. Went on a river boat cruise up the River Thames. Yep, another one off the bucket list. 😉
30. Had a great compliment at work from my line manager. Who told me they hadn’t met someone as organised and efficient as me in their working life. They’ve been working for a good 40 years!
… and there we have it. 😊
I enjoyed writing this post and reflecting on the things I’ve managed to accomplish this past year. I think it’s important to focus on your achievements and the little things in life that make you smile.
What have you accomplished in the past year? Let me know in the comments. 😊