Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 🙂
For Christmas this year I’ve decided to bake Christmas cupcakes and a chocolate chip banana cake as we had some left over bananas to use up.
For the Christmas cupcakes I used my “go to cupcake recipe” but added a chocolate sauce to the mixture to make gooey chocolate filled cupcakes. I decorated with red / pink icing and Christmas themed sprinkles / iced decorations.
Makes: 12 cupcakes
- 125g butter
- 125g Self raising flour
- 125 Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla flavouring
- 12 cupcake cases
- Chocolate sauce (for the filling)
- Preheat the over to 200 degrees C or Gas mark 6
- Round up your ingredients—beat the sugar and butter together until fluffy and light coloured.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time adding the flour a little at a time until it’s all been added.
- Add the vanilla flavouring and mix it
- Half fill each case with the mixture, then chcolate sauce then top with more mixture
- Put in the oven for 15—20 mins
- Use a skewer, if they’re done it will come out clean. Put on a cooling rack.
- When they’ve cooled, decorate and enjoy!