Mint Choc Chip Cake Recipe
I’ve been playing a mobile game called Baking Story recently, and the most recent level introduced some mint choc chip cupcakes! My favourite ice cream flavour… In cupcake form!? I knew I had to give them a try in real life for myself. Which you can see a snippet off in the left-hand corner, but as I had some cake mix leftover, I decided to make a mint choc chip cake as well. And I love how it turned out.
I used my heart-shaped cake pan from Lakeland and layered the cake with the mint flavoured frosting. It was delicious! I really love the mint chocolate combination; it wasn’t too overpowering and made a lovely little treat for us all to enjoy (along with the cupcakes of course). I hope to do more bakes like this in the future. Strawberry flavouring perhaps?
I used a basic chocolate cake recipe and added the mint flavouring to it. Layered with a basic buttercream frosting filling, which was also flavoured, and then tinted green.
You will need
- 125g Caster Sugar
- Cocoa Power
- 125g Self-Raising Flour
- Green Food Colouring
- Mint Flavouring
- 2 Eggs
- 125g Butter
- Buttercream Frosting
- Edible Glitter Spray (optional)
- Preheat the over to 200 degrees C or Gas mark 6
- Round up your ingredients—beat the sugar and butter together until fluffy and light coloured.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time adding the flour a little at a time until it’s all been added.
- Add the mint flavouring and mix it
- Put in the oven for 15—20 mins
- Use a skewer to find out if it’s ready if it comes out gunky—put it back in the oven! If clean, then put on a cooling rack.
- Make buttercream frosting (combining butter and confectioners sugar), adding mint flavouring and green food colouring.
- Sandwich the two halves together with the buttercream frosting.
- Spray with edible glitter spray (optional).
What is your favourite flavour combination? Would you try it in a cake (or cupcake) form? Let me know in the comments.