My go to cupcake recipe
I love to bake, especially cupcakes. Typically I’ll bake cupcakes for any holiday throughout the year – birthdays, Easter, Halloween, Christmas etc. This week is National Cupcake Week in the UK so I thought I’d share my go to cupcake recipe which is the basis for most of the cupcakes I bake.
Makes: 12 cupcakes
- 125g butter
- 125g Self raising flour
- 125 Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla flavouring
- 12 cupcake cases
- Preheat the over to 200 degrees C or Gas mark 6
- Round up your ingredients—beat the sugar and butter together until fluffy and light coloured.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time adding the flour a little at a time until it’s all been added.
- Add the vanilla flavouring and mix it
- Put in the over for 15—20 mins
- Use a skewer, if they’re done it will come out clean. Put on a cooling rack.
- When they’ve cooled, decorate and enjoy!
Here’s a few of the cupcakes I’ve baked previously and what occasion they were for.
My sister’s 21st birthday
Easter (2014) – I also made the “nests” with cornflakes and melted chocolate, and some sugar cookies (shown in the tin).