The Sunshine Award
So, while I’ve been away, I seemed to have missed being tagged for the Sunshine Award by Karin! Opps! Now, I love memes, quizzes and things, so here goes… 🙂
Sunshine Award Rules
- You have to post a picture of the Sunshine Award in the blog post.
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 wonderful bloggers.
- Write 11 questions for them to answer.
- Also, let the bloggers you nominated know you have nominated them.
11 random facts about me
- I have a large collection of DVD’s/Blu Rays! At last count, I had around 400 of them.
- I also have tonnes of books. We have two large bookcases in our house and three smaller ones – full of books
- I rarely eat vegetables – bad, I know – the only ones you’ll really see me eat are potatoes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes (as long as they’re cooked) and cauliflower.
- I have family in America and also Tazmania, though I have never been to either country.
- I collect keyrings, film/tv memorabilia and fairies.
- I love anything by Joss Whedon.
- I love staying up late, but still can’t stay in bed past 09:00!
- I’m a fully qualified first aider.
- I have flown abroad 5 times, but never outside of the EU.
- I eat left-handed.
- I don’t like odd numbers.
Karin’s questions to me:
1. If you had to move to another country, where would you go and why?
I’d probably go to the USA, to spend time with my family over there.
2. What’s your dream pet? Wild animals and fantasy creatures included.
Fantasy wise: Dragon!! Non-fantasy wise: A Mexican red knee (a type of tarantula).
3. Why do you use that particular blogging platform (WordPress, Blogger etc.)? What’s good/bad about it?
I’ve tried a few, Cutenews, FanUpdate, Blogger, Greymatter, but none of them has given me the functionality and ease of use as WordPress has. I like being able to control my entire website around it. The only bad thing I’ve found so far is that plugins can be buggy and I have yet to find a fanlisting script that works well with it.
4. Do you code your own layouts or do you use premade?
A mixture of both, if they’re premade they’re usually heavily customised. Of course, I still give credit to the original creator.
5. Describe your style.
Casual dress; I can often be found in movie/film related t-shirts and jeans around the house. Outside again, jeans but more dressed up on top. I love cardigans.
6. What’s your favourite fruit?
I don’t eat fruit… I eat fruit flavoured foods and drink, but I don’t eat actual fruit.
7. Have you ever broken a bone?
Yep! A few, in fact, my finger, my toe(s), my foot.
8. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?
More often than not, yes, in fact, I also enjoy looking up dream meanings and trying to interpret my own dreams.
9. What is your computer wallpaper? Show us a screenshot if you feel like it.
Umm, I’m blogging from my phone at the moment, haha, but my computer wallpaper is one of the default Windows 7 ones of a waterfall.
10. If you could change your eye colour, would you?
I’ve worn coloured contacts before, for cosplay purposes, but apart from that no, I wouldn’t.
11. What’s the most awesome thing you’ve ever done?
I’m really proud that I took a first aid course and that I’m fully qualified to use my skills.
I Nominate… for the Sunshine Award
Mallory of Mallory Maloney
Lirae of Lirae.co.uk
Stephanie of Flutyocarnia
Deborah of Muggle Rubbish
Carolynne of Just Like Magic
Angelica of Wirlwind
Kate of Cupkate
Kya of Kya.nu
Mike of G33k
Mimi of Akuhei
Jessica of Bemusedly
Of course, it’s completely voluntary. 🙂
My questions for you:
- Why do you blog?
- What is one object you can’t do without?
- Do you collect anything, if so what?
- What are some of your favourite tv shows?
- What’s the last movie you watched, at the cinema?
- and at home/online (Netflix etc)?
- How do spend your spare time?
- Besides blogging, what do you do “online”?
- If you were to write a screenplay (or a book), what genre would it be?
- Do you have any siblings?
- Can you speak/write/read another language other than your native one?