The Christmas Tag
The lovely Amylou tagged me in The Christmas Tag and as it’s the lead up to Christmas, I thought I’d share my answers with you. 🙂 You can read Amylou’s answers here.
So without further ado…
The Christmas Tag
1. When do you start getting excited for Christmas Day?
Usually the last week of work, we always go out for drinks on the last Friday before our Christmas shut down. I think that’s because my sister’s birthday is the 17th December so we try to hold the festivities until after.
But I do get excited by the run up to Christmas more than Christmas Day itself – things like decorating the tree, Christmas markets etc.
2. Do you still have an advent calendar? If yes, which do you have and if no, when did you stop having them?
This is the first year I haven’t had one!
3. What are favourite Christmas movies?
You can read about my favourite Christmas films in this post. However my favourite is probably The Muppets Christmas Carol.
4. Do you have any funny Christmas stories/memories?
I don’t think we’ve had funny christmas stories/memories, no.
5. What’s your typical Christmas Day?
If my sister is over she wakes me up at 6am and we wait until 6:30 before going to wake up my parents(!). We open stockings in their room before going downstairs to give them a gift from underneath the tree. After that we have a full English breakfast, before more present opening and a lovely turkey dinner around 4pm.
After dinner we’ll using watch a Christmas movie and Doctor Who later that evening.
If she’s not staying over Christmas Eve… We wake up around 9am and she’ll come over for Christmas dinner.
6. What do you eat for you Christmas dinner? And what is your favourite part of it?
We always have turkey and gammon with roast potatoes, veg, pigs in blankets, gravy and Yorkshire puddings. My favourite is the turkey as it’s really the only time of year we eat it.
7. Do you have any Christmas traditions?
Decorating our Christmas tree 12 days before Christmas Day, going to the pantomime at the Cheltenham Everymann theatre and going out for lunch on Christmas Eve.
8. What are your favourite Christmas songs?
My top 3 songs are;
Slade – Merry Christmas Everybody
Wizzard – I wish it could be Christmas everyday
The Pogues – Fairy tale of New York
9. What has been your best Christmas present?
I fondly remember opening up a Sega Mega Drive with my sister when we were younger. It was our first games console and we were both very happy Santa brought it for us. So probably that as it has a great memory behind it.
As an adult, maybe my Stargate Zat gun replica.
10. Do you prefer a real or fake Christmas tree?
11. This year, do you think you’d be on the naughty or nice list?
12. What are your favourite treats at Christmas?
When I could eat dairy I loved the caramel barrel from a tin of Roses or the toffee penny from Quality Streets. I also had a stocking shaped selection box. Now, I love Haribo Tangfastics.
13. Do you prefer giving or receiving presents?
14. Where would be your dream place to spend Christmas?
In a log cabin, with it snowing and a large fire. There’s a lake nearby and a real Christmas tree in the sitting room. But I’d also like to spend Christmas in New York, completely the opposite, I know.
15. Are you good at wrapping presents?
16. What time do you usually get up on Christmas morning? Is this different from when you were little?
As I mentioned above, it’s 6am if my sister stayed over Christmas Eve or 9am normally.
17. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real? And how did you find out?
What do you mean Santa isn’t real? *shifty eyes*
18. What is your dream Christmas present?
I honestly have no idea! Something really extravagant would be a holiday to New York? Something smaller would be a ticket to see one of my favourite bands.
I hope you enjoyed reading my answers. 😊 If you’d like to do this yourself, feel free, but let me know so I can read your answers.