Welcome! 🙂 I’m Kim, actually it’s Kimberley but I rarely get called by my full name anymore. I also go by Kimmy, Kimbo, Gizmo and Chimmy; the latter is the inspiration for my blog’s name “Chimmyville”, a combination and the French word ‘Ville’ meaning town or place.
Chimmyville: Ma petite ville sur le web
Chimmyville has been around in some form since 11th August 2005, starting as a place to store my Pixel creations and creative writing and developing into the lifestyle blog you see today.
I live with my partner and our fish, shrimp and weather loaches in a small town in The Cotswolds (Gloucestershire, England). I also have some Great African Snails which are at my parents house and have had rabbits, other fish and a tarantula named Hermy.
Random things about me
- I collect keyrings from places I’ve been.
- I have dyscalculia
- I’m allergic to dairy, metal (primarily nickel or nickel plated metals), tomatoes and some kinds of plant life.
- I collect Buffy and Angel memorabilia
- I go to film conventions and collect autographs
- I have 6 piercings and a tattoo on my lower back
- I was hit in my left eye by a golf club, bursting two blood vessels. As a result I’m short sighted, wear glasses and look like I’m squinting.
- My favourite colour is purple.
- My favourite fragrance is lavender.
- My favourite flowers are roses and lilies
- My favourite gemstone is Rose Quartz
- I love animals and donate every month to the Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust.
- My favourite animals are penguins.
- My favourite Disney character is Eeyore
- My favourite book as a child was The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- My favourite painting is Van Gogh’s “The Starry Night”.
- I was born on May 7th 1988, which was a Saturday.
Most of my time is spent in front of the computer – partly because it’s my work tool (I work in customer service as a sales and export administrator, where I also maintain the companies website) and partly because I like to look up new recipes, restoration projects and keep in touch with my family and friends on social media.
I’ve also taken on free lance projects, such as creating/designing promotional materials for small businesses and web design for small businesses. Please get in touch if you would like to work with me, I accept freelance work, brand collaborations and products for review.
When I was little I always wanted to be in medicine (my exact words were “I’ll be a brain surgeon” – according to my mum) and as of 28th January 2011 I am a fully qualified first aider with St. John’s Ambulance and also interested in volunteer work.
I love being outdoors. I’m often finding new walks around the town I live in and surrounding villages and like cycling. I also frequent the local gym.
When I’m not busy staring at a screen or out and about, I LOVE to bake and have taken an interest in DIY and restoration/re-upholstery projects and cooking. These are some of the things you’ll find here, I also blog about my life, my travels and conventions or events I go to throughout the year, like sci-fi or film conventions.
I love to read and have a wide range of books on my bookshelves – yes, plural – from various genres including horror and sci-fi. I also enjoy watching films and TV shows on Netflix or Sky and playing computer games – I guess you can say I’m a geek… If that wasn’t obvious already. 😉
I love (read: am a little bit obsessed with) Buffy the Vampire Slayer and most things by Joss Whedon, including his work with Marvel. I also love Star Wars, Gremlins, Doctor Who, Stargate SG1, Marvel films, Gotham and Game of Thrones.
Aside from TV shows, I also have a love for the Coca Cola Christmas advert!
I have a love of (some would say obsession for) VW Campervans and I hope to have my own in the future.
I have an interest in ancient history and cultures, including the ancient Romans, Egyptians and Greeks (especially Greek mythology). I am also interested in Archaeology and Paleontology.
Chimmyville is hosted By: 1clickwebsite
Feel free to use any of the buttons below to link me.