Schwartz BBQ Stuffed Chicken *
AD, GIFTED| How many times have you spent time on a dish only to over (or under) season it? Leaving you with a unfufilling or bland dish? Me too. Which is why I often reach for ready mixed spices, like Schwartz BBQ seasoning*.
I just love how a little seasoning can turn a bland dish into something delicious, and packed full of flavour. Even if you’re not a natural in the kitchen, or struggle to make a meal from scratch (like I do sometimes). They’re a great way to add a little something extra to your meals. And, with minimal prep, they’re also great for those of you who want to make cooking less time-consuming, or just want to make life a little easier on yourself.
Schwartz offer a wide range of different products – including recipe mixes, packet sauces, and herbs and spices. But what’s great about them is, not only can they pack your dish full of different flavours, most of their products include a free recipe or serving suggestion too. So it’s very easy to create a flavourful dish.
Schwartz BBQ Stuffed Chicken
One of my favourite foods is chicken; there are just so many ways you can cook and season it, and it’s packed full of protein too. Making it one of the more healthier meat options.
For this chicken recipe I wanted to combine the Schwartz BBQ seasoning with the spicy flavours of chorizo.
You will need
- 1 chicken breast (per person)
- 2-3 tbsp Schwartz BBQ seasoning
Schwartz BBQ Seasoning Allergy Information
- Seasoning contains: Milk, Mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Place the chicken breast on a cutting board and drizzle with oil, or coat with cooking spray.
3. Sprinkle the Schwartz BBQ seasoning evenly over both sides of the chicken.
4. Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Set chicken aside.
5. Combine your chosen meat / veg with the soft cheese in a small mixing bowl.
6. Spoon the cheese mixture into each chicken breast evenly.
7. Lastly, place the chicken breasts in a baking dish or on a tray. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
We paired ours with flavoured rice, but it would be as equally nice with a side salad, or sweet potato fries.
Sadly, I have a milk allergy so couldn’t try out the seasoning myself – I actually had mine with Schwartz Cajun spices instead (not gifted). But thankfully both my parents and Aaron were on hand to give me their opinions.
They all agreed that the food was very tasty and would definitely try it again. However felt the BBQ seasoning wasn’t as strong as they were expecting – but this could have been that I didnt use enough. They said there was a slight kick to it and added a hint of warmth throughout the dish, which I’m told was lovely.
The BBQ seasoning was very easy to use and the chicken breats smelled delicious when I pulled them out of the oven. There were no issues whilst cooking and it came out of the oven pretty much
perfect. The chicken was juicy and the soft cheese paired together well with the chorizo. So all in all a win-win, and my family said they’d definitely use this seasoning again (but more of it!).
Where to buy?
Schwartz BBQ seasoning is available in most supermarkets including Tesco* Online for £1.60, which is very reasonable. And it’s also often included in multi buy offers so it’s worth keeping an eye out. 😊
Have you tried Schwartz BBQ Seasoning (or other Schwartz products before)? What are some of your favourite chicken recipes?
Like it? Pin it.
* Schwartz have sent me (this product) for review, but all views are my own.