The Hallotober Tag
It’s no secret that I love Halloween; in fact, it’s my favourite holiday, seconded only by Christmas. So when I heard that Jordanne had created the Hallotober Tag this year, I crossed my fingers hoping I’d be nominated. What I didn’t expect, however, was to be nominated, not once, not twice, but four(!) times, by some wonderfully talented bloggers.
So thank you to Claire of Our Favourite Jar, Katie of Life With Ktkinnes, Emily of That Weird Girl Life and Anne of Rooting Branches, for nominating me. 😊 Make sure you read their answers and check out their amazing blogs.
The Hallotober Tag
- Thank the person who tagged you and link to their post.
- Put the rules at the beginning or after introduction.
- Answer the 13 questions.
- Tag 13 people to do the tag.
- Delete Question 13, add a new number one question of your own.
- You are free to use the tag image somewhere in the post.
1. What’s your favourite thing about October?
Halloween! 🎃 Autumn leaves and getting to wear tights and boots again.
2. Are you a big celebrator of Halloween?
Yes, we’ve always gone big for Halloween in our house.
3. What’s your favourite horror movie?
Hellraiser DVD collection signed by Doug Bradley
4. Would you rather a cosy night in watching horrors or a big night out in a costume?
Either, I’ve done a mixture of both in the past.
5. Which has been your most favourite costume to date?
I’ve had some great costumes over the years, but probably my most favourite one to wear was my Wednesday Addams costume. It was just so comfy!
6. Bobbing for apples or pin the hat on the witch?
Pin the hat in the witch! I used to love playing ‘pin the tail’ games when I was a child.
7. How do you celebrate Halloween?
It varies; we’ve had movie nights, indoor picnics, thrown Halloween parties, gone to Halloween parties at our local pub, and been to cinema movie nights too.https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo4ZJ_Lhkdh/?igshid=10i8ddqnb8rq%2F
This year, we’re spending Halloween at home, watching movies, listening to music and going for a moonlit walk. We may even have the fire pit out if the weather’s nice.
8. What’s your least favourite horror?
The Paranormal Activity series; I find them boring.
9. Do you have a favourite trick or treating memory?
When I was a child we used to go around as a group with a few chaperones. We lived in a tiny village where everyone knew each other and we all got involved.
10. What’s your favourite thing about Halloween?
Pumpkin carving, fancy dress, Halloween themed music and watching spooky movies.
11. Scary costume or Silly costume?
12. What’s your favourite Halloween candy?
Haribo Tangfastics or Scaremix.
13. Would you visit a haunted house at night? – Claire
Yes, in fact, I once stayed overnight at a haunted hotel.
14. What are you most looking forward to this October? – Katie
A moonlit walk under the full moon.
15. Candy corn: Do you love it or hate it? – Emily
I’ve actually never tried it!
16. You’re attending a fancy-schmancy Halloween party. Money is no issue, what costume do you choose? – Anne
I’d love a screen accurate Vampire Willow costume from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
My Hallotober Tag Nominees
- Sarah of Raiin Monkey
- Britt of Alternatively Speaking
- Lauren of Bournemouth Girl
- Karin of Imaginary Karin
- Luce of Perselem
- Lily of Pint Sized Beauty
- Hollie Beauty and Bookshelves
- Caz of Invisibly Me
- What’s your favourite thing about October?
- Are you a big celebrator of Halloween?
- What’s your favourite horror movie?
- Would you rather a cosy night in watching horrors or a big night out in a costume?
- Which has been your most favourite costume to date?
- Bobbing for apples or pin the hat on the witch?
- How do you celebrate Halloween?
- What’s your least favourite horror?
- Do you have a favourite trick or treating memory?
- What’s your favourite thing about Halloween?
- Scary costume or Silly costume?
- What’s your favourite Halloween candy?
- What’s your favourite scary story? E.g. ghost stories, urban legends etc.
I hope you enjoyed reading by answers to the Hallotober tag! Let me know sone of your favourite things about Halloween in the comments. 🎃